News & Events
Request for Proposal
Call for Research Consultant
“HAMRO SAWAL HAMRO NETRITWA PROJECT”
“HAMRO SAWAL HAMRO NETRITWA PROJECT”
Shanti Foundation is looking for a research Consultant to undertake research on inclusion and protection of human trafficking, SGBV survivors and migrant women and children at local level decision making.
Overview of the Shanti Foundation
Shanti Foundation was legally established in 2016 with the leadership of trafficking survivor women and HIV infected and affected women of Nepal to develop a platform to promote health, safety, and protection of the vulnerable and at high-risk women, children and communities.
The Shanti Foundation aims to work for the successful reintegration of sex trafficking survivors and HIV/AIDS infected/affected women, the youth of all genders, and children through counseling, prevention and protection, treatment, and the development of sustainable livelihoods and economic empowerment.
Project Goals and Scope of Services
Hamro Sawal Hamro Netritwa project is funded by a grant from the Asia Foundation and implemented by the Shanti Foundation. The project aims to find out the actual situation of trafficking in Raksirang Rural Municipality of Makawanpur and address the issues through inclusion of migrating women, SGBV and trafficking survivor's local level decision making and development of the legal protection.
Under the Hamro Sawal Hamro Netritwa Project, Shanti Foundation will conduct a Situation analysis in the area of participation and protection of migrating women, SGBV and trafficking survivors in decision making at local level which objective is to help evidence based advocacy with the government on the gaps to secure the participation and protection of the migrating women, SGBV and trafficking survivors in legal framework which will assist policy makers to bridge the gap on inclusion of these women’s. Under this the following activities will be carried out.
Activity 1: Situational analysis of migrating women, SGBV and trafficking survivor’s in targeted municipality
The project will conduct a situational analysis among migrating women, GBV and trafficking survivors at Raksirang municipality. The analysis will explore the current socio-economic status, challenges, needs and way forward of migrating women, GBV and trafficking survivor through a 150 sample collected using a structured questionnaire and interview.
Activity 2: Gaps identification in participation and inclusion of high-risk migrating women, GBV and trafficking survivors
We will conduct two FGD among the targeted beneficiaries, local government and relevant stakeholders. The participants will include migrating women, GBV, trafficking survivors, local government representatives, I/NGOs, women groups and thematic ward committees to identify the gaps in participation and inclusion of high-risk migrating women, GBV and trafficking survivors.
Activity 3: Survey finding dissemination and advocacy
The situation analysis and FGD findings sharing meeting will be conducted with the government representatives, Medias, I/NGOs and other relevant stakeholders to sensitize and highlight on the situation of high risk women in Raksirang municipality and gaps in participation and inclusion of high risk migrating women, GBV and trafficking survivors.
Scope of Work
Under the overall supervision of the Central Office Kathmandu, the consultant will be responsible for the conceptualization and finalization of the paper.
The main activities expected to be implemented during the assignment:
- Develop beneficiary selection criteria and questionnaire for the study.
- Conduct evidence-based and policy-oriented research on the inclusion and protection of human trafficking, SGBV survivors and migrant women and children at local level decision making through KII and questionnaire
- Prepare the survey report based on the KII, questionnaire and FGD data
- Conduct secondary research including desk reviews of available literature on the provided topic
- Conduct KII, questionnaire fill up and FGD with local government officials, staff of local organizations, academia and survivors etc. (based on the list agreed with Project Teams).
Required Skills and Experience
- Sexual and Gender Based Violence
- Advocacy and policy advice
Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
The contract will be based on Lump Sum Amount. The total amount quoted shall be all-inclusive and include all costs components required to perform the deliverables identified in the TOR, including professional fee, travel costs and any other applicable cost to be incurred in completing the assignment. The contract price will be fixed output-based price regardless of extension of the herein specified duration. Payments will be done upon completion of the deliverables/outputs and as per below percentages:
- Deliverable1- Questionnaire and Criteria Development: 30% of total contract amount
- Deliverable 2- First progress report: 30% of total contract amount
- Deliverable- 3 Final report: 40% of total contract amount
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology;
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as a) responsive/compliant/acceptable; and b) having received the highest score out of set of weighted technical criteria (70%) *and financial criteria (30%). Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced qualified proposal received by Shanti Foundation for the assignment.
- Only those applications which are responsive and compliant will be evaluated;
- Criteria 1: Relevant education - Max 15 points;
- Criteria 2: Experience in development issues and projects and possession of knowledge- Max 20 points;
- Criteria 3: Experience in research, writing, communication, and developing communication products - Max 20 points;
- Criteria 4: Experience in publication research and design, advocacy and policy advice - Max 25 points.
- Criteria 5: Fluency in English language with excellent written skills required – Max 20 points
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Please group them into one (1) single PDF document as the application only allows to upload maximum one document:
a) Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability
b) Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experiences from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least two (2) professional references;
c) Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price.
Incomplete proposals may not be considered. The shortlisted candidates may be contacted and the successful candidate will be notified.
Candidates meeting above criteria are requested to submit the application letter with updated curriculum vitae to email@example.com within 1 December, 2020.